Tuesday, June 12, 2012

RIO IS CALLING MY NAME

This story begins with me wanting a new summer dress and ends with inspiration for new jewelry pieces.  I wanted something pretty, cool, and chic.  I wanted to feel like a woman.  Not just a mom wearing tan bermuda shorts all summer.  I wanted to feel pretty.  So, off I went to my local department store in search of the perfect maxi dress.  Yes, I wanted to be trendy too.  I was unprepared for how many maxi dresses were out there!  Every color, pattern, shape, adornment thought off was constructed into a maxi dress for my shopping delight.

Fast forward (I'm confident you don't want to hear about the dressing room mishaps) I found a dress that called to me.  It spoke, yelled, even demanded I purchase it.  And it was inexpensive.  Of course, I made it mine.

Now, how does this dress lead to new jewelry to make.  I'll tell you.  All I could think of when I looked at and wore the dress was Rio, Brazil.  I thought of Carnival, music, joy, and life.

Do you see it?  Do you see Rio?  I did.  I was so excited.  Ideas started bursting in my brain.  I thought about color combinations, beads, crystals, feathers, and patterns.  I haven't stop thinking about how to create a piece that expresses the excitement and exuberance of Rio. 

It came to me in a moment of driving (yes, I was paying attention to the road).  Next thing I know I'm at the bead store buying the most beautiful glass beads and stones.  My excitement poured out of me like an electric current.

Now, I need to get to work on this fabulous piece.  It is going to be a statement necklace.  Are you curious, excited, intrigued?  Good.  So am I!

No comments:

Post a Comment