Friday, February 7, 2014

L.O.V.E.

Love is in the air.  With Valentine's Day next week I wanted to do some decorating but make it versatile enough for every day.

This is a fun and easy project.  Wood letters, scrapbook paper, Mod Podge, ribbon, and Xacto knife.  That's it!


I found this great scrapbook paper and the letters at Michaels.  The paper matches the colors of my kitchen perfectly.

I just applied Mod Podge to the letters and placed a sheet of scrapbook paper over the letter.  Make sure you place the paper where you want it on the letter.  You'll see why.  Then I applied a coat of Mod Podge over the paper.

I went back and added another coat and let it dry.  Using my Xacto knife I carefully trimmed the paper by tracing the letter (from the back) with my knife.  This is where placing your paper where you want it is important.  I made sure to place the graphic on my letter "L" so it would stay.

Make sure you put something thick onto your surface before cutting!

After removing the excess paper I applied another coat of Mod Podge and 2 more coats on the edges of the letters (to make sure the edges adhered nice and good).

When the letters were dry I added some cute, Valentine's Day ribbon.

I L.O.V.E. these letters and I know they will look great in my living room or kitchen year round.




I may even do these in our family mantra "Forever Young".  

Cheers -- 



No comments:

Post a Comment