Saturday, March 1, 2014

French Country & Pantone Spring 2014

We've heard a lot lately about  Pantone Spring 2014 color trends.  Radiant Orchid is the color getting the most attention.

Now, I love French Country style.  My house is decorated in muted colors of blue, gray, greens, yellows.  I just love the elegance of French decor and French Country allows a rustic, simple twist to the ornate, formal French style.

When Pantone announced the Spring 2014 colors I was a little stumbled.  How to incorporate Radiant Orchid into a French Country decor?  

PANTONE® FASHION COLOR REPORT SPRING 2014
Pantone Spring 2014 http://www.pantone.com/pages/fcr/?season=spring&year=2014





I found great examples incorporating these new colors without compromising the French Country look.  For example, Radiant Orchid is a color found in lavender -- very French!  Freesia is found in different depths of color in flowers.  And Celosia Orange is a wonderful accent color



radiant orchid french country cottage decor lilac soft purple pastel bellflower "Dusky Lavender" shabby chic garden flower photography 5x7

Lavender is a wonderful flower accent, ribbons, vase, framed art, pillow with lavender accents, and more.


Pantone Spring 2014 Colour Report | SouthBound Bride
Hemlock & Celosia Orange  -- Southern Bride.com




pantone intimacy color trend mood board
Soft gray, lavender, gentle rose, powder blues -- Fabulous!!  Sample Board.com

Here's how I incorporated these great colors into my new kitchen hutch.

I started by painting an existing cabinet a pretty gray color.  My kitchen cabinets are the same color.  It is a great neutral color!
I replaced the back with a pretty white bead board sheet.  Just the country touch it needed!

Then I added accent pieces (my latest collection - china tea cups), silver serving pieces, even art work.

For a extra touch I covered wood letters in scrapbook paper and Mod Podge for coasters and to tell my family I LOVE them!






Cheers!  
 








No comments:

Post a Comment