Monday, March 11, 2013

Style vs. Fashion

I had an epiphany this morning.  It was  a simple "ah ha" moment and it felt good.  I didn't realize or understand physics, how to win the lottery, or why I love ice cream. 

I did (finally) realize there is a difference between style and fashion!  Oh my goodness.  It seems like a silly thing to be excited about but I am excited!

I am excited because now I understand how to use fashion to express my style.  Previously I had a two-dimensional view of fashion.  It is an art and nice to look at but impractical.  Now I realize fashion is an art, some times impractical, beautiful to look at, thought provoking, AND usable. 

This simple revelation has opened up so many possibilities to me.  Style is an expression of one's self through the use of fashion.  Fashion is a tool to express a mood, personality, quirk; in short, ourselves, our style.

So, when we say we want an Audrey Hepburn-style we really should look at the fashion she used to create her style and add our own touches.  What do we like about her style?  What elements and pieces did she use to create her style?  How can I make it my own? 

Use different fabrics, patterns, cuts, colors, or accessories to personalize fashion into your own style.

Ah ha!

Now, I came across a blog by a young lady who came to this conclusion a long time before it occurred to me.  In fact, visiting her blog lead to my ephiphany. 

She is fashionable, stylish, and has a terrific eye for what it takes to create a personal look.  She is fantastic.  And she is under 18! 

Introducing Tolly Dolly Posh Fashion.  Go girl!

 

 

I discovered her through another terrific blog The Wantering Blog.  Be still my heart!  This blog is incredible.  Style = fashion with your personality. 



I adore both of these blogs.  Check them out and see what you think.  I think you will LOVE them!

Au Revoir - Tammi


2 comments:

  1. Aww thank you! I will feature this on my press page soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Appreciate the shout out and look forward to chatting fashion & style with you! xo

    ReplyDelete