Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Celebrating the 4th of July



The fourth of July is one of the best parties I've ever been too.  The day is filled with family, friends, food, and fireworks.  What could be better?  I love the 4th of July from the corn on the cob to the red white and blue desserts.

In our small town we celebrate the holiday with kids parades, events at the park, and a fantastic fireworks display.  The first time I went to the fireworks show my husband's family brought blankets, coffee, and pie.  My mind was blown away.  It was incredible to me that we sat on our blankets and ate pie waiting for the fireworks show.  I was sold on small-town America.  Not that I didn't come from a small town but the unity of this new town was incredible.

So this year I will be taking the kids swimming, bar-be-queing, and a fireworks show.  We will have brownies and blankets to watch the show.  It will be a night of joy and pride to be part of America.

Happy celebrating!

photo:  http://nickpalmby.typepad.com/buzzly_bee_our_blog/2010/07/happy-4th-of-july.html

No comments:

Post a Comment