Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Joy and Happiness on a Chain

Lately I've been obsessed with tropical, exotic locations.  I can't seem to get them out of my head.  Dreams and thoughts always drift to white, sandy beaches; crystal clear blue water; warm breezes; peace and quite.  Perhaps it is because I have 4 children, 2 cats, a dog, husband, and two businesses.

I may not be able to physically escape to my fantasy world but I did try to recreate it.  In an earlier post I commented about a dress I purchased and how much it reminded me of Rio.  Using that fabric, pictures of Rio, and my imagination I created a stunning necklace.  Yes, I did say my creation is stunning because I absolutely love it.  I used the colors of Rio - bright purple, aqua, silver-lined blues, golds, and reds.  The strands of beads are connected to a chunky, sophisticated gold link chain which gives the multiple colors in the necklace a neutral to contrast against.  To finish the piece off, and one of my favorite elements, a large focal teardrop stone in turquoise color magnesite.

Yum.  This necklace shimmers, shines, and sparkles.  It also makes me happy every time I look at it.  It is impossible to not feel happiness when wearing joy around your neck!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/FrenchRobinDesigns?ref=si_shop

No comments:

Post a Comment