Sunday, July 22, 2012

Vacation, Get Away, Vacation

Fresh back from vacation and I'm ready to get back to work.  I did find time while gone to work on some custom bridal pieces.  I must say being away allowed time to think, create, and process.  It was so good to hit the "reset" button.  How can anything negative be said about sleeping in, eating out, watching movies, and playing board games?  We were lucky to stay at the beach so, of course, sand castles, kite flying, and hot tub time was in order. 

I must say the ocean is my favorite place to be.  I enjoy the sounds of the surf, waves crashing, smells, and fog.  I find something soothing about the functions of the water.  The only drawback to the Northern California surf is it is trecherous and cold.  No body surfing for this lady!  But that is the only negative to what I find to be a perfect place on earth.

Here is evidence of the greatness of the Pacific Ocean.

So after playing in the sand, playing a couple rounds of "Fact or Crap" with the kids (yes, it is a real game - lol), I finished a custom wedding project. 

All around it was a great week of vacation, work, and relaxation.  We can't wait to go again.





No comments:

Post a Comment